Other then wrestling Cameron is super busy with school. We are approaching Catholic Schools Week and that means lots of projects and assignments and STUDYING. Cameron has a huge Religion Fair project, his first research project, an essay, and the big Spelling Bee coming up. This keeps him busy and it is keeping us busy too.
As for the twins - After their little New Years Eve crib climbing party Ben quickly got their big boy race car beds put together and we ditched the cribs. I thought it was so cute that I almost forgot that now they can get out when they want to and play!! They have been doing o.k. but some nights it takes a few visits to their room to get them to actually stop talking and playing and go to bed. We have had a few visits from one or both of them in the middle of the night coming in our room to let us know they are awake. It is getting easier as now they do seem to understand that they need to get back in their beds til it is light outside. Naps have also been a bit of a struggle but I am not willing to give up that fight yet. I think kids should nap til they start school!!! I know I need that time to stay sane.
In addition to moving on to big boy beds the boys have started a new phase in their "relationship" with each other. I am not sure if it is because they are two or if it is just a sibling thing or a twin thing but wow do they get at each other. Sometimes I can not do anything but laugh about it. Clayton has become more aggressive then he ever has been. Now instead of taking Calvin's abuse when Clay gets mad he yells. Often he is yelling "I wanna bite him in the face" or "I gonna bite him in the arm". The best part about it is usually by the time he is done telling us he is going to bite we have had time to intervene.
As for the potty training update - I am happy to say - 1 DOWN 1 TO GO!!! Any guesses on who has conquered it first? I won't leave you hanging. It is Clay. He is now potty trained. He does wear a diaper to bed but not for naps. He is doing so great. Hardest thing is that you have to run him to the bathroom once he has he has to go because there is not usually a whole lot of time before he HAS to go..... Calvin is kind of starting over but I think I have to take a different approach with him and I am not sure what it is going to be just yet....
Kenzie is also doing great! She continues to be a SUPER DUPER baby. She sleeps and eats great, is very smiley, and just generally a content little girl. She is able to roll from her front to back and back to front but does not do this much because she is usually happy no matter where she is. We just started her on cereal and that was fun. Cameron got to feed her the first time and of course I took pictures. She had more cereal on her face then in her mouth but it was funny anyway. Other then that she is just a little dolly and continues to be the princess around here. Her brothers all adore her and they are super helpful with her.
It feels like once I start I can't stop typing. That's enough for now!!!
Kenzie and her first attempt at cereal!
Served by Cameron!
Cameron takes the twins sledding! (Cal - Front, Clay - Back)
Cal liked it - Clay was not so sure!

No comments:
Post a Comment