Well Christmas is coming!!! As I was finishing my Christmas cards I realized that without my yearly Christmas letter I did not spend any time thinking about how much things have changed again since last year. So instead this year I was just glancing over my old posts on my blog. Sometimes I wonder if I am wasting time with this blog. Tonight I realized that it was really fun for me to look back and see what we were doing even just 6 months ago. I hope I can keep up with this because it will be a blast to look back on years from now and see how much things have changed. I also wish I had more time to record more of the things that happen in our house on a daily basis. I don't think a day goes by lately that I do not have to stop what I am doing and just LAUGH. I can not believe the things that come out of Clayton and Calvin's mouths. I decided that I will take terrible two's any day as long as they also come with the talking of two year olds. I remember when Cameron was that age and I thought he was soooooo funny too but now there are two of them.... And I am not kidding the laughs never end. Don't get me wrong - they are two and they can be a handful but every time I think I can't stand it, they say something that makes me wish they never had to grow up.
So now that I went off on that little tangent I will get to my goal tonight. My updates!!!
As for Ben and I were are the same as always. We are starting to adjust to me working. Ben has had to take on a lot more and is doing GREAT with this. He is a super daddy and husband and I am sure I don't tell him that nearly enough. On top of all his extra duties - the snow. How fun!!!
I am loving my new job so far. I love the people and the work is very fun too. I know it is new yet but Big Brothers Big Sisters just seems to be a good fit for me. I also realized that as hard as it is to leave the kids to work I am appreciating my time with them so much more. I have really stopped to pay closer attention to them in the last couple weeks. I am seeing things I was missing before when I was with them all the time. Besides I think they like the break from me as well.
As for the kids - everyone is super.
Cameron - Just started back up with wrestling and is looking forward to doing some tournaments again this year. He is doing great in the 3rd Grade at St. Peters. He loves just about every hobby you could ever have. He wants to do everything from building models to collecting cards. Cameron is very creative and likes projects although they often do not get completed. He is doing very well in his new room downstairs and is just growing up way to fast.
Clayton - Is our thinker. He can be a very calm child who can play with the same toys for hours on end. He can also be SO emotional. It reminds me of myself. He wears his feelings on his sleeve and when he is happy you know it and when he is not you really know it. He does not like to be bugged much and still likes to have groups of the same things. Clayton loves to talk and often repeats himself until you are listening to him. His newest phrase that he says to everything is "NO WAY". We are still working on potty training and Clayton was doing great but recently took a little step back and won't tell you until he goes, then it is tooo late.
Calvin - His nickname of "The Animal" still fits him well. All you have to do is check out his hair (natural Mohawk - that won't go away) - it says it all - He is the wild child. Definitely a little more challenging at times. Cal tests every limit. He laughs at being put in the corner and just loves attention; positive or negative. Fitting to his personality his new phrase is "WHY". In the last 2 days I think we have heard it a million times. Cal is always trying things out and exploring. He loves to do anything you do and loves to help with everything. He runs to get Kenzie a diaper or bottle, throw things away for you and help set the table. He is also my hugger. He loves to cuddle up and be close to you. Calvin is doing GREAT with potty training. He has recently starting telling us when he has to go and is even making it through nap times dry. Oh, they are growing up so fast.
Sometimes it is hard to believe they are even twins. They are like polar opposites of each other on most days. It is just way to fun to watch them growing up together!!!
Kenzie - SUPER BABY! Honestly she is so amazing. I am not sure how we got this lucky again. Kenzie is a very calm baby and at times you can forget she is even there. She goes with the flow all the time and just likes to watch what is going on around her. She just turned 4 months and is starting to laugh which I LOVE. Kenzie is very ticklish and loves to be held in the air. She is very close to rolling over and I am sure she will be on the move very quickly. All around she is a great baby and we just adore her.
Funny how this is our busiest year yet and I am further ahead on my Christmas stuff then I have been in years. Cards are done, just waiting to be mailed, Shopping is nearly done and even some wrapping done already, two trees up and decorated, all outside lights up and working, St. Nicolas Villages are up, Christmas cookies will be done this weekend, and finally blog is updated
Well that is it for now. I spent more time on this then I was going to and I still have to post some pictures. Then I have to get the rest of my Christmas decorations up before Christmas is here and gone!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment